Looking for HELP in English

oog
Re: Looking for HELP in English

Beitrag von oog »

You can use carbon resistors, if you want. That should work as well.

The RAM should be available. In germany you can get it from "www.reichelt.de"
Enter "628512" in the field "Schnellsuche" = "quich search" and you'll see it.
prof_braino

Beitrag von prof_braino »

Thanks for your response. I found that I only have a few of the proper value resistors in carbon, so it is only a couple dollars more to buy the a complete set of metal film resistors. I will use the carbon in case of emergency.

Even with purchasing all new components, I found more issues:
The supplier does not have all resistors in .6 Watt. However, they have .5 watt and 1 watt for all values.
The supplier does not have all capacitors in 16volt. However, they do have 25 volt for some and 50 volt for the rest.

So now my questions are:
Can I use .5 Watt and 1 Watt resistors in place of .6 Watt if the resistance (ohm) value is correct?
Can I use 25 volt and 50 Volt in place of 16 volt capacitors if the capacitance (farads) value is correct?

I found a local supplier for the SRAM, but the 628512 is 70ns instead of 55ns. Will 628513 70ns operate with the existing Hive software?
We can write the propforth drivers to use 70ns, but I will want to run the non-forth software for testing purposes.
oog

Beitrag von oog »

prof_braino hat geschrieben:So now my questions are:
Can I use .5 Watt and 1 Watt resistors in place of .6 Watt if the resistance (ohm) value is correct?
Yes, but check the dimension of the resistors. 1 Watt might be too big for the pcb.
Can I use 25 volt and 50 Volt in place of 16 volt capacitors if the capacitance (farads) value is correct?
Yes, but again check the dimension. Capacitors with higher voltage may have bigger cases.
I found a local supplier for the SRAM, but the 628512 is 70ns instead of 55ns. Will 628513 70ns operate with the existing Hive software?
I think, actually most of the software does not make use of the external RAM. So you can start without external RAM and add it later, if you need it.
frida

Beitrag von frida »

In the moment there are two variables used in the eram by the TRIOS.

HIVE 085
prof_braino

Beitrag von prof_braino »

Hi All

The parts were all available through local suppliers, except the TDA7050 which I will omit.

I believe all the parts will fit, although I may have to stagger or bottom-mount in the crowded areas.

The orders are placed and parts should begin arriving this week.

Thanks for you help so far!

:D
Nadji

Beitrag von Nadji »

prof_braino hat geschrieben: Can I use .5 Watt and 1 Watt resistors in place of .6 Watt if the resistance (ohm) value is correct?
You can use .1 Watt (1/10W = 100mW) Resistors. Thats enough Watt for all resistors >=270 Ohm, If you take bigger once, ist no problem , you need only more space.
Antworten