Hive 004 and Hive 060 build

prof_braino

Re: Hive 004 and Hive 060 build

Beitrag von prof_braino »

drohne235 hat geschrieben:Sorry, the layout was the wrong version. I have removed the wrong file and here updated. :?
Could you please break the image into the four separate layers? I cannot trace the circuit very well. For example, the top of switch one appears to have no conductor, and the bottom of switch one appears to terminate at the second via. Thanks!
prof_braino

Also, is there one giant schematic that has the entire board represented?

I've seen the four separate sheets hive-r13-plan1.jpg etc, but would like to see all connections on a single sheet, if possible.
prof_braino

Is there an error on schematic -RS232- schaltplan 1 r13-c.jpg?

the image indicates that DIP SWITCH6 switch 1 control rx-h1 and that switch 4 controls tx-h1;
I think that these should be switches 3 & 6
drohne235
Administrator

Beitrag von drohne235 »

> Could you please break the image into the four separate layers?

See the new appendix.

> I've seen the four separate sheets hive-r13-plan1.jpg etc, but would like to see all
> connections on a single sheet, if possible.

the schematic plan is not as simple as the layout. :(

> Is there an error on schematic -RS232- schaltplan 1 r13-c.jpg?
> the image indicates that DIP SWITCH6 switch 1 control rx-h1 and that switch 4 controls tx-h1;
> I think that these should be switches 3 & 6

Yes and no. The counting of the part in the library does not match as the printed (switch-)numbers. For this reason I have inserted the switch position as picture to tutorial.
Dateianhänge
board-r13-c-2.rar
(450.19 KiB) 562-mal heruntergeladen
"Ob Sie denken, dass Sie es können, oder ob Sie denken, dass Sie es nicht können - in beiden Fällen haben Sie recht." Henry Ford
prof_braino

This may be a stupid question, but is the soldering flux supposed to conduct electricity?

I was using liquid flux for the surface mount SD card as shown in an instructional video on You Tube.
But now I am getting continuity (diode checker) readings of non-zero (0.5 to 1.9) on several places where there appears to be no connection. In this case the 1.7 reading between pins 39 & 40 on Bellatrix, and pins 10 and 12 on the max232.

Testing the liquid flux shows that immersing the probes 3mm apart reads 0.5

I'm going to wash the boards with isopropyl alcohol 91%.

EDIT
I put one 473 mL bottle of isopropyl in a food storage container with the Hive board and sloshed it around for about five minutes. I waved it around to ensure the drops carried away the residue.

OK That was it.

Hive 60 is now identified correctly by the prop tool.

Note to self: Do not use that liquid flux, it conducts. It must be only for plumbing.
prof_braino

Adding the quartz crystal allows PropForth 3.4 to run on Hive 60 :)
drohne235
Administrator

Beitrag von drohne235 »

Electronic flux is not conductive. If there is a flux for the plumbing but it's not good: These fluxes are used to solder large metal parts and contain acid. The acid slowly destroyed the layout. Maybe you should clean the other board - just for security, if there are remnants of acid.
Hive 60 is now identified correctly by the prop tool.
Fantastic! :D
Adding the quartz crystal allows PropForth 3.4 to run on Hive 60 :)
Yes, you now have a forth-ballatrix-computer, and you can blink interactive with the led! (Your first Forth-Tutorial for the Hive ;)
"Ob Sie denken, dass Sie es können, oder ob Sie denken, dass Sie es nicht können - in beiden Fällen haben Sie recht." Henry Ford
prof_braino

drohne235 hat geschrieben:Yes, you now have a forth-ballatrix-computer, and you can blink interactive with the led! (Your first Forth-Tutorial for the Hive ;)
I started converting the blink LED code from the parallax forum, all it needs is p24 instead of P0, but my junk K7S5A decided to take a vacation.

http://forums.parallaxinc.com/forums/de ... 5&m=468264

I'll clean it up and post it after soldering the next section of my Hive boards

edit - posted in a new thread
prof_braino

Hive 60 VGA is working :)

Hive Bellatrix VGA DEMO runs; however, Propforth_HiRes_VGA does not display VGA. Which kind of makes sense, since the demo board uses ports 16 to 23 for VGA, and the Hive uses 13 to 20 for VGA :(

I will rely on the Hive diagnostics till the hardware is assembled.

EDIT - OK, I was too lazy to wait. I changed 16 to 13 in line 222 of Propforth_Hires_VGA.spin and created Propforth_Hive_HiRes_VGA.spin. Hive 60 displays the initial VGA when loaded.

Unfortunately, I don't have my EEPROMs, so I can't use the VGA terminal.
prof_braino

Hive 4 VGA is working :D

I think I'm getting the hang of this "soldering" activity
Antworten