Hive 004 and Hive 060 build

BorgKönig

Re: Hive 004 and Hive 060 build

Beitrag von BorgKönig »

great work, braino. i think, you will not stop, before the hive is done :)
drohne235
Administrator

Beitrag von drohne235 »

Hive 60 VGA is working :)
Hive 4 VGA is working :D
Cool! Bellatrix or even all three chips?

PropForth: Keyboard-pins need to be changed to keyb.start(17, 16).
I think I'm getting the hang of this "soldering" activity
I think so too: the "dark valley" you have behind you now... :mrgreen:
"Ob Sie denken, dass Sie es können, oder ob Sie denken, dass Sie es nicht können - in beiden Fällen haben Sie recht." Henry Ford
prof_braino

Beitrag von prof_braino »

> Bellatrix or even all three chips?
Just Bella, I discovered executing too many steps at once leads to foolish blunders

>PropForth: Keyboard-pins need to be changed to keyb.start(17, 16).
Thanks! I'll do it on the weekend, I start a new job today

> the "dark valley" you have behind you now...
:lol:
drohne235
Administrator

Beitrag von drohne235 »

Just Bella, I discovered executing too many steps at once leads to foolish blunders
This is the way! :twisted: The hive has even compared to a classical computer concept is precisely the possibility to build up step by step AND to experiment at a high level. Which is unique for a device that you can really build their own hands. When I had my first computer build as a young (z80), we first had a lot of components combine correctly until a function was visible. Up to a first image on a tv it was an endlessly long and gone. If you look at how simple and elegant with a propeller and spin/propforth/trios goes - this is really fascinating!
"Ob Sie denken, dass Sie es können, oder ob Sie denken, dass Sie es nicht können - in beiden Fällen haben Sie recht." Henry Ford
prof_braino

Hive 4 and Hive 60 successfully ran the TV, VGA, Keyboard and Mouse demos :)

The TV display looks washed out, but my demo board also looks washed out on that TV, I think maybe it is getting old.
drohne235
Administrator

Beitrag von drohne235 »

The TV display looks washed out, but my demo board also looks washed out on that TV, I think maybe it is getting old.
do you have a shielded cable used?

I bought a small 7-inch TFT for video-experiments. These devices are currently very cheap (50 €). That would be a good display for a jupiter ace laptop... :B3
prof_braino

drohne235 hat geschrieben:7-inch TFT for video 50 €
I have one of the early 3.5" LCD TV from Japan, I was hoping to finally use it after 17 years. But I will probably buy a real one after a couple paychecks. Sal is going to implement the Propforth TV drivers soon, but I still have time before there are complete.

In the meantime I was looking into low power vga displays. My main parameter is low power consumption, I hope to run from (smaller) batteries when doing development in the field. I am considering the E-ink and Pixel-Qi displays.

http://www.eink.com/products/matrix/High_Res.html

http://www.pixelqi.com/products

Your thoughts? Have you already had this discussion in a different thread?
prof_braino

I am having trouble with the SD slot and the three position jumper.

The data sheet does not identify pins 10, 11, and 12

This is my guess: the two pins that are very close together are pins 11 and 12. The pin closest to pin 8 is pin 11 (card detect) and the pin farther from pin 8 is pin 12 (common for card detect and Write Protect).

But I cannot find anything that might be pin 10 (write protect).

The three position jumper has JP3 connected to SD:pin 11, JP2 connected to SD:pin12

I can verify all the connections except JP1. JP1 does not seem to go anywhere, is this correct? Or does this connect to a switch inside the card slot?

Is the write protect actually the solder pad under the SD card? I've already super glued the sold, and soldered the pins.

EDIT - Hive 4 is now playing "Star Wars" so it must be working :)
Hive 60 is playing "Nutcracker" :D
Zuletzt geändert von prof_braino am Sa 18. Sep 2010, 22:50, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
drohne235
Administrator

Beitrag von drohne235 »

I am having trouble with the SD slot and the three position jumper.
Oh, sorry - the solution of the jumper-puzzle is quite simple: The hive does not use these three contacts (card detect/common/write protect). I did not want to just let free, the signals are at the pinheader (JP1) for future ideas. you can leave the plug unused, it has no effect for the function of function of the card for TriOS/Forth/*.
Hive 4 is now playing "Star Wars" so it must be working :)
What is the - I want to see that also?! :twisted:
prof_braino

Diodes D2 and D3 don't seem to be on hive-1-ver3-r13-b sheet 3 of 4
But I see from the BOM that they are the last two 1N4001

Also R29, but I can see on the BOM that it is also 10K

However, image img_0832.jpg shows three capacitors that are not on the drawing.
Which are these?

EDIT - OK I think these are C18, C19, and C20. I also see from the picture that C27 should be on by now, but I missed it during the SD slot step. I hope nothing got hurt by it's absence, it seemed to work OK. In any case, C18, C19, C20, and C27 are in place now, as well as C28, which the BOM tells me is the last one of this value.

HB3 flashes for Reg. Since I have no EEPROM, l can only load the ramtest.spin and rtool.spin utilities, but they have no-one to talk to. I hope the silence is not too unpleasant.

At least there was no smoke. :)
Antworten