Hive 004 and Hive 060 build

prof_braino

Re: Hive 004 and Hive 060 build

Beitrag von prof_braino »

I'm not sure about how to use the latch and the SRAM. Can somebody make a quick forth routine to put a sequence of values into an area of SRAM, and another routine to read the bytes of SRAM?

I'm aching to see if this is constructed correctly!!

I think it needs :
: !LATCH ( addr - ) / set address latch value ;
: !DATALINES ( value - ) / put value on data lines ;
: @DATALINE ( - value ) / get value on data lines ;
: @SRAM ( addr - value ) !LATCH @DATALINES ;
: !SRAM (value addr - ) !LATCH !DATALINES ;

If I could see an example of the above I could make a diagnostic for the SRAM

but I don't know about the timing or if any success or failure flags can be returned

OR is it simple? Can I just set the ports for the data and address bits high and low, and it just works?
I'm afraid to burn something....
prof_braino

OK, I'm a chicken, I'm not going to write code for the SRAM until I talk to somebody.

Looking at the network, I see that I neglected to order 2k resistors (in addition to the EEPROMs, audio jacks and color coded ps/2 connectors, I only found the black ones).

I have plenty of 1.8K measured as 1781 ohm) and 2.2K (measured as 2156 ohm) resistors on hand. Does it matter if its slightly high or low? Is one better?
prof_braino

I've started on the ethernet interface.

C21 and c22 on the BOM are listed as electrolytic capacitor, yet the picture img_0855.jpg show ceramic caps in those positions. Are these also to be 0.1 uF? Since I already have the electrolytic, can I use them?

What is part L1? I missed this on the BOM, but I see from the picture that this position is populated.
prof_braino

To summarize the final questions for my build:

Can I use 2.2K resistors for the listed 2K resistors?
What capacitors are to be used for positions C21 and C22?
What is part L1?

Thanks!
drohne235
Administrator

Beitrag von drohne235 »

Diodes D2 and D3 don't seem to be on hive-1-ver3-r13-b sheet 3 of 4
But I see from the BOM that they are the last two 1N4001
Are both located on sheet 2 in the middle. These diodes summarize the handshake signals from Administrators and Bellatrix by OR.
At least there was no smoke. :)
:mrgreen:

External RAM:

In the tutorial "regnatix-code" there is an extra chapter to the ram. There are charts and also to find spin-code for example. maybe it helps you further.

http://hive-project.de/build-your-os-%E ... 80%93-eram

If you have an EEPROM on Bellatrix, you can start the spin-ramtest:

Bellatrix <— “bellatrix.spin” (per flash for video-interface)
Regnatix <— “ramtest.spin” (per ram)

You can find the file in testpackage under "test regnatix ram". If you bellatrix flashes in the video-code, you can also test in regnatix by ram a simple command line.

For Bellatrix und Regnatix there are two tutorials "bellatrix-code" & "regnatix-code".
: !LATCH ( addr - ) / set address latch value ;
: !DATALINES ( value - ) / put value on data lines ;
: @DATALINE ( - value ) / get value on data lines ;
: @SRAM ( addr - value ) !LATCH @DATALINES ;
: !SRAM (value addr - ) !LATCH !DATALINES ;
The forth-code: In the latch, only the higher eight bits from the adress be saved (whith /AL-signal). In the next step is the least significant part output to the ports at the propellerchip. Then the data read or written.

Should !LATCH not receive the address value for the next word?

: !LATCH (addr -- addr) / set high-adress in latch ;

I would do so, but probably there are better structured and easier words:

: !HADDR (addr -- addr) / set high-addresse ;
: !LADDR (addr -- ) / set low-address ;
: @RAM ( -- value ) / read byte ;
: !RAM (value -- ) / write byte ;
: @SRAM (addr -- value) !HADDR !LADDR @RAM ;
: !SRAM (value addr -- ) !HADDR !LADDR !RAM ;
I'm afraid to burn something....
In the code of the bus to be accessed to be careful that there are no conflicts. But I not think you can physically damage the chips - I've heard that the propeller are very robust.

For the bus protocol you have to come look at the charts in the tutorials. unfortunately only in German ... : ( In the tutorial is limited to very few bus routines, which can reproduce well in forth.
In this tutorial is a simple Bellatrix-computer with a simple command line created. The general theme is spin, video and keyboard. The other two propeller will not be used here.
In this tutorial are coupled Bellatrix and Regnatix on the bus. Here is the central theme of the bus and the communication between Regnatix and Bellatrix as master and slave. Bellatrix is a slave functions and Regantix can use these functions.
It starts very simply with a little code which runs in Regnatix and character to send Bellatrix, which are then displayed on the vga.
I have plenty of 1.8K measured as 1781 ohm) and 2.2K (measured as 2156 ohm) resistors on hand. Does it matter if its slightly high or low? Is one better?
Would function both values, I would use 2.2 kohm.
C21 and c22 on the BOM are listed as electrolytic capacitor, yet the picture img_0855.jpg show ceramic caps in those positions. Are these also to be 0.1 uF? Since I already have the electrolytic, can I use them?
It works both variants.
What is part L1? I missed this on the BOM, but I see from the picture that this position is populated.
For this component-we have never found anything suitable and simple wireless bridge used. For the function that is irrelevant.

Important of quartz: in this part it must be a "keynote quartz is" act. a "obertonquarz" does not work because the chip will run on a wrong frequency.

For example:

http://www.reichelt.de/?;ACTION=3;LA=44 ... 2280bfc52a <--- FALSE

http://www.csd-electronics.de Order-Number: 14-US25,000MHZ <--- CORRECT
"Ob Sie denken, dass Sie es können, oder ob Sie denken, dass Sie es nicht können - in beiden Fällen haben Sie recht." Henry Ford
prof_braino

drohne235 hat geschrieben:Diodes D2 and D3 Are both located on sheet 2 in the middle
Found it, Thanks!

>In the tutorial "regnatix-code" there is an extra chapter to the ram.
I'll start in on these...

>If you have an EEPROM on Bellatrix, you can start the spin-ramtest:
No EEPROMs till Friday earliest :(

>The forth-code:
I'll follow your suggestions when I get into the code...

> use 2.2 kohm.
Thanks!

> C21 and c22 ceramic or electrolytic? It works both variants.
Thanks! I will use ceramic as per your example

> Part L1: simple wireless bridge

Does this mean a piece of wire, as used in the empty TDA7050 socket? (the word "wireless" is confusing here)
EDIT - OK, I found a picture that show it is a wire. It looked like capacitor from the top. :)

> Important of quartz: in this part it must be a "keynote quartz is" act. a "obertonquarz" does not work because the chip will run on a wrong frequency.

Sorry I cannot translate "obertonquarz"; I could not get the translation to work on the links provided.
Is this the concern "fundemental" frequency versus "overtone" frequency (i.e. "third overtone" quartz will not function)?

My part is stated as "fundamental" frequency 25.0 MHz in the data sheet.

This is the part a have soldered in place:
catalog:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea ... nd&x=0&y=0
Data sheet:
http://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20She ... nt_id=5042

OK, I've convinced myself that "fundamental" frequency is what is important on the 25.0 MHz quartz crystal. I'm going to add the final parts, and power it up.... after breakfast.
drohne235
Administrator

Beitrag von drohne235 »

OK, I've convinced myself that "fundamental" frequency is what is important on the 25.0 MHz quartz crystal. I'm going to add the final parts, and power it up.... after breakfast.
The data sheet it is called "operating mode". Operating mode "fundamental" is correct, "3rd overtone" not working.
"Ob Sie denken, dass Sie es können, oder ob Sie denken, dass Sie es nicht können - in beiden Fällen haben Sie recht." Henry Ford
prof_braino

started new job, its too far. No time to play until the weekend. :(
prof_braino

EEPROMs and correct audio jack arrived, both units are fully assembled and populated.

Final hardware debugging on Saturday.
prof_braino

Hi guys

I received the correct EEPROMs this time.

Hive 4 & Hive 60: :B3
passed the bus 1 test.
passed the regnatix tests beschreiben (000000-...-077fff OK ) vergleichen (000000-...-077fff OK) Fertig.
I feel like a giant. :D
Antworten